It's been some time since we've chatted about eagle quilts. I haven't stopped thinking about them, but I have let other quilting projects distract me from creating a host of eagles.
One of my January goals is to get some eagles cut out and prepped for applique. I have my eagle pattern re-sized and ready. I also made some fabric selections.
The blue, gold and red are for the eagles; the paisley is for borders and whatnot. I'd like to start appliqueing this weekend - if real life doesn't interfere!
I did finally finish my eagle "appetizer" project. This took much longer than I expected, but I'm quite happy with the result.
I hand quilted squares in the squares and did echo quilting around the eagle. In the border, I just followed around the paisley designs with matching thread.
I finished stitching down the binding this morning and added a label.
The finished quilt measures 16" x 14".
On to the next eagle in the series!